The Stillness of Chocolate-
When she speaks everyone is silent and in awe. As if they are in a cathedral the hush sounds of knowing...her voluptuousness is near.
She had the final word...As a dessert...
she is pagan, vernal, springtime in her earthy comforts.
chocolate listens to no one. She always has the last say. For she is beautiful.
Springtime is all about beauty. You cannot deny, of all the seasons, spring is the one that is flowing, glowing and delightful to gaze at. Foods that are beautiful should be shared this time of year. Heavenly foods that remind one of cupid and poofy clouds, languid parks with light dancing through trees. The sounds of the birds. The smell of flowers, the carnal smell of chocolate. Vegans do it better...
Vegan Chocolate Ganache Pudding
ingredients- serves 4
- one 9 oz bag of vegan chocolate chips, dark preferably
- 16 oz tofu firm
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- pinch salt
- soy whipped cream
Make this the night before an event for easy desert, or whip it up the night of.
- Begin with melting the chocolate chips and soymilk in a sauce pan on low. Add more milk if need be to loosen up chips and keep it from burning but not too much more
- let cool a tiny bit and pour into a bowl.
- in a Vitamix or food processor blend tofu on high.
- fold into melted chocolate and stir in the sugar and pinch salt.
- when you are done stirring, divide between four tiny glass jars ( i believe the ones I used above were 8 oz? And keep in the fridge to harden.
- enjoy with soy whipped cream and maybe some mint tea if on hand
Ps...click on the picture below, to see the dish that compliments this lovely desert. Perfect for spring time or Easter Brunch.